158 – 164 King Street, Aberdeen, AB24 5BD
Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm
Saturday: 10am – 1pm
The Society, founded in 1978, has a large and well-equipped research centre. Among the sources available for family history are:
- Old Parish Registers on microfilm.
- 1841-1891 censuses for all Scottish parishes, and some for 1901.
- Eight networked computers have quick links to the main Internet genealogy sites
- A library containing around 5,500 titles relating to local and genealogical history.
- Bookshop open to the public.
- Friendly and knowledgeable volunteer staff members are always on hand to guide new researchers in their first steps.